Our Learning disability healthcare staff are experienced to provide specialist healthcare and support to people with a learning disability, as well as their families, to help them live a fulfilling life.
Type of duties include.
- Providing emotional support to individuals and their families.
- Providing practical support for individuals and their families, such as helping with household tasks, personal care, and paperwork.
- Supporting and monitoring their healthcare needs, including administering medication and temperature checks.
- Supporting them to pursue hobbies and interests.
- Supporting the learning of new skills or gaining employment.
- Teaching life skills, such as budgeting and paying bills.
- Helping with everyday tasks such as meal preparation, writing a shopping list, going shopping, or maintaining their housing tenancy.
- Helping them to access community facilities and be included in community groups.
- Understanding their communication needs and adapting your communication to everyone, e.g., sounds, tones, body language.
- Working with other professionals, such as doctors and therapists, to ensure consistency of support.
- Analysing an individual’s needs and drawing up a focused support plan.
- Becoming both a role model and companion to the individual and uncovering shared interests, such as hobbies and outings.